my best friend's crush is getting married
do you have besties? or at least one bestie
well mine is this young lady who's actually very sweet and funny
she's capable of loving, taking care of her family
she's also wise and pamper herself very well
i first met her when we were in junior high
we kind of got closer by accident,
and the rest is history
i talk to her about literally everything
she talks to me about everything too
everything, shamelessly
without being afraid to get judged
few years back, she told me she met someone
she gave me the details, including about the man himself
a few points led me to conclusion that he's a walking red flag
i warned her about that, she didn't listen
months after, she came back and told me.
they spent a nap together
i said to her, "don't get too attached"
again, she didn't listen
months after that, she told me she found out that he's got a homegirl
i was like, "if he's got a homegirl, then why he still talk to you every day?"
"are you willing to be his next homegirl?"
she was like, "I want to be more than just his homegirl"
I said, "good luck, then. I bet he likes to collect homegirls."
months after that, she told me he met her family
"but my mom didn't gave me permission to be with him."
he came from a background her family didn’t favor.
i was like, "that will be hard for both of you."
she said, "we will still have meetings anyway."
one day, she showed me a letter
"i want to confess my feelings for him,"
i said, "hold on. are you sure he has developed feelings for you too?"
she said, "i don't know. but I want him to know mine."
the next few weeks she came to me,
"he said he's not in love with me yet."
"what are you gonna do about it?"
"I'm going to avoid him for awhile"
"I bet you can."
several days later she said,
"his homegirl found out the letter I sent to him"
I said, "don't do anything stupid."
"I want to show her my existence,"
"what's the point of doing that? What's that do to you?"
"I want to destroy her pride and build up mine."
"that's NOT how you get it."
"but that's exactly how I want to do."
"get a grip of yourself, don't go insane."
"I AM insane."
one morning I woke up with more than 30 notifications from her
she showed me the texts where her man got furious about her
contacting his home girl
"what is your motive to do that?"
"why are you dragging her into this?"
"this is way out of line."
"I don't know you anymore."
"quit talking to me."
my response, "see? I told you."
her response, "I guess its time to move on."
About a year after, we kind of getting distant with each other,
We talked only when we remembered
I didn't hear any updates about her and that guy for a little while,
Until earlier this year, she began to reached me again
"I am crying now, I cried last night, I am going to cry again."
she continued,
"he's getting married."
I said "with that homegirl?"
she didn't replied for awhile..
"no, another girl."
I sighed.
"we met often last year, he never mentioned anything....
until today."
so, she revealed that he got in contact with a girl he met from school
he had a long crush to the girl, even years before meeting my best friend and his home girl
when the fate finally met, he didn't hesitate to propose her as soon as possible
"she said yes." the guy told my best friend
"here's my prewedding photos."
"here's photos from our engagement."
I got confused, "what's with all those gesture, showing you the pics you didn't even ask to?"
my bestie said, "probably to ruin me into pieces."
"stop contacting him!"
"he has sent me the wedding invitation.."
"stop contacting him!"
"i've never felt this heartbroken before..."
"stop contacting him!"
"I'm not sure how to continue living with the idea of him being someone's husband..."
"stop contacting him!"
"i love him way too much, it hurts!"
------------------------------
the girl that once so bright and confident is now so devastating to look at
she's living slowly day by day, not wholeheartedly at all
she survives the day only to meet the night,
where sleep can hush the noise of her heart
.....to escape from everything she's feeling
she's always haunted by her idea of spending the rest of her life with him
hoping she will be healed as the time goes by
I told her yesterday, "whatever you need, I'm one call away"
"I need him," she said
what can i do about it?
---April 2026---
Comments
Post a Comment